- In 1989, CAMERA took a large step forward with a highly successful conference organized by the Boston chapter: "The Media, The Message and The Middle East." The event galvanized public interest concerning the media's power to sway public opinion on Middle East policy - and the potential harm of distorted coverage. Held at Boston's Park Plaza Hotel, the conference drew an overflow crowd of more than 1000 attendees, and featured such well-known speakers as Norman Podhoretz, editor of Commentary Magazine, Ambassador Alan Keyes, Professors Alan Dershowitz of Harvard University, Ruth Wisse of McGill University, Jerrold Auerbach of Wellesley, and David Wyman of UMass Amherst. Joining these speakers were Ms. Levin, who documented the Boston Globe's bias against Israel, and the Boston chapter's Deputy Director, Charles Jacobs, who critiqued a biased teacher's guide which accompanied a PBS documentary.
- In 1991 Ms. Meiselman retired due to health problems, and leadership of the organization passed to Ms. Levin. The Boston chapter became the national - and eventually the only - office of CAMERA, as the local chapters were allowed to reincorporate separately or to close. (Notably, the San Francisco chapter, headed by entrepreneur Gerardo Joffe, became FLAME, Facts and Logic about the Middle East, and exists to this day.
Image sersor 1/2.5" CMOS 5.0 Mega Pixel Sensor Active Pixels 5.0 Mega pixel External Memory SD card,SDHC card (class4 or the high-speed card above) Sensitivity Auto Color Effects Standard,tan,film,black,white,bright Lens Fixed focus Zoom Range Normal:30 cm or infinite distance
Format JPEG (EXIF2.2),DCEDPOF Image Resolution 3M,5M,8M (software interpolation),16M(software interpolation) Quality Auto Videos Format H.264 (MOV) Resolution 1920*1080 30fps (some models),1280*720 30fps,800*480 60fps,800*480 30fps,640*480,320*240 Quality Auto Zoom Video:4X digital zooming (720P30 record mode)
Camcorder:4X digital zooming
Playback still image Digital zoom 8X (maximum) Tape YES TFT Display 2.7"TFT (960*240 pixels) LED Light <1.0m range Video On/Off Camcorder On/Off White Balance Auto/Tungsten/D4000/D5000/Daylight/Cloudy/Fill light/Fluorescent Exposure Compensation -2.0EV~+2.0EV Selftimer Off,On,3 seconds,5 seconds,10 seconds,15 seconds,20 seconds PC Interface USB2.0 (High-speed) AV output Format NTSC/PAL Shoutter Electronic shutter 1/16-1/10000 second Auto Power Off On/Off,1 minuts,3 minutes,5 minutes Battery Li-ion Batter (included) Language Mode English and Chinese Size 19.9*17.5*10.8cm Weight 0.9 kg
- 1 x Digital Camcorder
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x AV and HDMI Cable
- 1 x Battery Charger
- 1 x NP-120 Battery
- 1 x Pouch for Camera
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x CD
- 1 x Strap
New projects initiated by CAMERA in recent years include:
- 1.The CAMERA Fellows Program, to teach college students how to write op-ed's, start campus journals, and recognize and respond to propaganda. Sessions have been held around the United States, and in June 2006 more than 20 of the participants were flown to Israel for intensive training sessions and to provide a direct, personal experience of the country and the challenges it faces. Students met with Israeli academics, government spokesmen, recently retired senior intelligence officials, young Israeli soldiers, Israeli journalists, Palestinian journalists, and foreign journalists. Participants also got to see first-hand much of the country.
- 2.The British Project, to deal with major media in Britain, such as the Guardian, the Independent, and the BBC, which have global reach and all too often have problematic Middle East coverage.
- 3.The Christian Project, to deal with distorted Middle East coverage in Christian publications, and to do outreach to the Christian community.
- The Impact of the Camera :
There are two key factors which will affect the time you receive your items.
1. Item processing time
After the receiving of your order, we need some time to test the product in order to ensure its quality. There are different kinds of processing time for different items. Average processing time is 3 working days; however, it varies from the item's stock status. As for the small quantity, the processing time is 1-3 days while as for the large quantity, it will be about 2-5 days.
2. Shipping methods
Gadgetsdealer.com accept PayPal, Wire transfer , Western Union as the payment methods.
The most convenient payment method in the world.
2. Wire transfer
For order which is more than $1500, please contact us at Support@gadgetsdealer.com
Note: please do email us your order number, the amount you pay, the exact date you do the wire transfer after you pay for it
3. Western union
Please contact us at: Support@gadgetsdealer.com for details.
Note: Please email us the following information after you pay the Western Union
1) The 10 digit control number.
2) Sender's name.
3) The exact amount you send.
4) Sender's address.
5) Your shipping address.